Friday, August 19, 2011

Greetings From Downtown Reno!

.


Reno has two big attractions -- gambling and legalized prostitution.  Oh yeah, and quickie divorces, though I gather that's fallen by the wayside since other states liberalized their marriage-negating procedures.  So this is one city that was high on my list of places I never expected to wind up in.

So why did I come to the Worldcon here?  Look up above.  Check it out -- that's a picture of me with Robert Silverberg. We're on a first-name basis.  I know him personally.
 
That's just cool.


*

2 comments:

JJM said...

That's about as cool as it gets. Almost as cool as once getting to hold a panda cub in your lap. ;)

--Mario

HANNAH'S DAD said...

The very first thing I did at the Melbourne worldcon was walk up to Robert Silverberg and tell him how much "Schwatz Amongst the Galaxies" (or is it "Between"?) meant to me.

He was very friendly and approachable - it's a very nice memory.