Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Fire Gown

.



Great news for those who happen to be me!  The Fire Gown is up on Tor.com.  This is the second of the Mongolian Wizard stories and the first which finds Ritter working for Sir Toby.  I am of course prejudiced, but I like these guys a lot and I'm delighted with how this story came out.  But then, like most writers, I write stories which I want to read and which, inexplicably, nobody else is writing.  So I am extremely happy.

Also, the good folks at Tor once again commissioned an illustration from Gregory Manchess.  That's it up above.  Beautiful stuff, eh?  I've expressed my delight with Manchess's work before.  So I'll content myself with observing that it's the kind of artwork that, deep down, a writer thinks he or she deserves.

You can read the story here.

And as always . . .

I'm been home from Newfoundland for most of a week and so, inevitably, I'm on the road again.  But I'll do my damndest to have a new post up tomorrow morning.

*

No comments: