Friday, July 8, 2016

Coming SOON!

.



I'm prepping for MidAmeriCon II, the 2016 Worldcon in Kansas City, where (modest cough) I'm to be a guest of honor, and working on more projects simultaneously than I can keep track of. So there will be a lot of announcements over the next year or so.

Meanwhile, there are three books coming out before MidAmeriCon in various formats. They are:

Hope-in-the-Mist, my slim biography of Hope Mirrlees, will be published soon in e-book format. It is now available for pre-order at Weightless Books. This was a labor of love both on my part and on Henry Wessells, who published it under his Temporary Culture imprint in an edition of 200 copies. They sold out almost instantaneously and I've long wished for an ebook edition because there has been so little written about Mirrlees that any scholar wishing to write about her must read my book, it being the only biography of her in existence.  Which was maddening for said scholars because it's also close to unobtainable, even via interlibrary loan.
the part of

Now at last, it's virtually obtainable. Here.

Not So Much, Said the Cat, my latest collection of short fiction, is scheduled to be published sometime this month by Tachyon Publications. If you've been following my blog, you've heard perhaps more than you wanted of the rave reviews it's been receiving. But the stories are good, I think, and the distillation of everything I've spent the past forty-some years learning.

And:

Universe Boxes, a collaborative work by me and Dragonstairs Press nanomogul Marianne Porter. This is a strange and wonderful ultra-limited edition of thirteen unique boxes, of which ten will be available for sale. I'll be writing about this in more detail as the publication date nears, but essentially, each one consists of a) a cigar box, stamped and canceled as if it had gone through the mail and lined with star charts and paleontological photomechanical illustrations. b) various items, some (such as the bundle of business cards, common to all the boxes, others unique, c) a "vaccine," one of a series of small art objects created by Marianne Porter with select items permanently sealed inside a vaccine bottle, and d) "Universe Box," an original novelette by me in a stab-bound book with decorative papers.

The slightly blurry photo above shows the first Universe Box to be completed.


And while I'm at it...

I should also mention that Open Road Media had made ebook versions of five of my novels and one collection available for the first time ever. They are:

Bones of the Earth
In the Drift
Jack Faust
Tales of Old Earth (the collection)
Vacuum Flowers
and, of course, The Iron Dragon's Daughter.

And now, for some reason, I feel exhausted.


*


2 comments:

Matt Keeley said...

The Universe Boxes sound fascinating, though the unique editions make me feel some compassion for any future Swanwick bibliographers.

Looking forward to Not So Much, Said the Cat and to the re-issue of Hope-in-the-Mist. Fool that I was, I didn't buy a copy at Readercon 2009.

Magotsch said...

Hi Mr. Swanwick,

big fan from Germany here.
Any chance that there will be a signing tour for the new books?
Would love to get a signed and personalized book, but will probably never meet you in Germany. So if there is a tour i could contact one of the bookstores to arrange it.
Best wishes,

Sven-Hendrik

magotsch@web.de